As you might have noticed, we/AMIS, started posting about the Oracle 11g Release 2 new features. Until now we posted about:
- Oracle 11gR2: New Features
- Oracle 11gR2: Flash Cache
- Oracle 11gR2: Goodbye Connect By or: the end of hierarchical querying as we know it
- Oracle 11gR2: LISTAGG, aggregation operator for creating (comma) delimited strings
- Oracle 11gR2: Alter or replace user defined types even when there are dependencies
- Oracle 11gR2: New PREPROCESSOR Syntax for External Table Use
- Oracle 11gR2: XML Data Partitioning – Part 1
Hopefully more info will follow regarding this new release.
Maybe also good to know, for those that are unlucky and can’t attend Oracle Open World this year and/or will miss the local Oracle 11g Release 2 launch events (in Holland), that AMIS will provide an extra AMIS Query session that will contain a technical introduction of the new database.
This AMIS Query will be held on the 29th of September this year. See the blogpost / announcement that will follow / is in preperation, on the AMIS Technology Blog called:
- AMIS Query – Technical Introduction of Oracle 11gR2 – for DBAs and Developers